ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

the long and whiny road

Got my novel down to 139100 last night. As wonderful as that sounds now, my husband then followed that up with "so, just 30000 more, right?"

I have to admit, if I can just squeeze 19000 more out of it, I'm going with 120000. I know it's the high end, but I can't find anything else!! Well, I said that at 167000 too.

Halloween was kind of a dud at our house. My kids are 13 (14 in 2 months, I have to be sure to say it that way) and 18 and had their own parties to go to, so we--the ones who have no life--sat home and waited to be called upon. We had all of 3 trick-or-treaters. So we ate the chocolate.

I am a little concerned that once I get this thing wrangled into the right size and I get to go back into query hell again, about not having any "credentials" that you are supposed to list at the end. I have joined RWA so I'll mention that. And I'm going to submit a short story for a Writers Digest contest, but other than that, I have nothing to put out there.

Almost 8am... need to go do my "real" job now.

No comments: