ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pecan Pralines

MICROWAVABLE!

3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups pecan halves

Use 3-4 qt microwavable dish (it looks too big but it grows). Stir buttermilk, sugar, salt and butter until mixed. Add pecans and stir together. Cook on high for 12 min, stirring every 4 min. Stir in baking soda (kids love this because it foams up and grows) until foamy and consistent. Cook on high for 1 min. Beat or stir briskly (I stir, it's easier with the pecans) until thick. It will thicken as it cools. Drop on foil. Cools within a half hour. Yum!

4 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Hm, maybe if the writing doesn't pan out for me I can use this recipe to open a praline store...it is, in fact, a part of one of my fav I Love Lucy episodes!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Yummers on the pralines!

Followed you here from your nice pitch over at the agent site. Good work. Makes me want to read it. :) *hey, Colby*

Travis Erwin said...

Sounds tasty. Thanks for the comment. it's always good to hear from other writers especially fellow Texans. I added you to the blogs I follow so I can keep up with you.

kimmirich said...

Followed Colby and Angie here, kimmi here,. Hi, sweetie! Yum to pralines, loves them and yeah, Angie's got some delish food over at her blog you may want to tap into.
hugs
kimmi