ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Surviving the Holidays

Hope everyone had a great holiday and slid out the other end with very little ado! We managed Christmas Day, the great American kid swap the day after Christmas, another Christmas Day, and then started remodeling our bedroom. So, yeah, we have that sheetrock dust everywhere, two samples of paint on the wall, and I spent yesterday measuring new furniture at the furniture store and driving the salesguy crazy. But we have a little bedroom and we have to get this thing down exactly. And since we got rid of our junky furniture, we are pulling our clothes out of plastic tubs. So fun!!

Haven't gotten alot of writing done, or (twitch...) synopsis-ing done. I've read about writing! Does that count? I got Janet Evanovich's "How I Write" in my stocking... because I put it there of course... and I absolutely love her style so I've been reading that. And Twilight here and there.

I need to write...it's really getting to me since I finished my book and finished the unending editing. I felt complete while I was working on it. Now I'm always at loose ends. But I don't really feel like I can start again until I get this one queried and out there.

So what was everyone's favorite Christmas gift this year? I'd love to know. Mine is a stone cross for my wall cross collection.


We got a Wii for the family and Rock Band 2 so that's been fun too! I pretend I'm a hot drummer chick that shows on the screen!!

5 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Hi, Sharla! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting on my blog. :)

I like your place here. And I can totally commiserate with your remodeling phase. *sigh* We finished a big lump of projects before Thanksgiving, and have more to get to come spring.

Good luck with your writing!

Karen Duvall said...

Wow, that cross is awesome! What a beautiful piece of work.

Happy New Year!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Thanks for visiting my bloggy home. Yours looks really nice too. Glad to meet another fellow writer.

Sounds like you had a grand Christmas. Drop back by and let us know how your new ms is coming along!

colbymarshall said...

Sounds like you had a fun and exciting Christmas. Mine was good, too, but I'm glad for it to be done simply for the fact that now I can get some things done!

ChristaCarol said...

Hah! I'm the Santa at our house too. I stocked my stuffing, er, I always do that. I STUFF my STOCKING with a book, as well. Something to help research for my new WIP. And I know the feeling of desolation once you've got a completed work and feel like you should be writing again. Once I started my obsession with querying, my mind relaxed and I got inspiration for my new book. Hang in there, keep going for it! And I love the cross.

Not sure what my favorite gift was. I liked everything. Being with my family was probably the best, not to sound corny or anything lol.