ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey, howdy, and hi there...

Good morning!

Just a couple of things I have to mention... Kathryn Magendie recently got a book deal for Tender Graces and if you head over there, she posts excerpts for you to read. They are really good, and make you want to be a better writer!

Also learned from her blog about LibraryThing, which is very cool and I signed up for it and to be an Early Reader of not-yet-published books. I have the feeling it's going to be another place I have to go that keeps me from writing, but still it's pretty neat.

Got two more queries out last night, and now that I put the wc meter on here, I'm itching to start plugging some in on my new project. I want to so bad today, but we are working on the bedroom today, and yet we aren't right now so why am I blogging instead? Because I need a 12-step program.

ADDING: I just sat down and wrote the first 580 words to my wip. Whoo hoo! Now I'm stopping because I need to do some short character paragraphs to get all the details down and fill some backstory holes that my head isn't cooperating with.

Have a good Saturday!

3 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Hello...my name is Gumbo Writer...and I'm a serious blogaholic!

*waving to Kathryn and her new book about to hit the scene!*

Kathryn Magendie said...

Dang, I'm blushing -- and this would be the morning I took down the excerpt I had and put up a short tiny one because I obssessed over the last one and now I'm obssessing over this one and and and -- AUUGHHHH! *laughing*

But, thank you for linking me and the kinds words *smiling*

kimmirich said...

Congrats on querys, Sharla!!!