ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random thoughts and Idol

I feel like Melissa today... I don't have much to post about, but I feel like I'm supposed to. LOL, what does that say about my blogging obsession?

I looked up some agencies and printed out their stats on AgentQuery so I can shoot some more letters out tonight. Gave some deep thought to my new wip, which really can't be called a wip since it isn't in progress yet, but I did think about it! I looked at my story board. Does that count?
I told my boss I'm a writer... whew, wow I said the word. We were talking about New Years Resolutions, and I told her about trying to get published, I had written a book...blah blah. She was like "Really? That's so interesting." Like what else is she going to say? "You're an idiot, Sharla, get back to work."

Well, at least when I'm discovered and get all that massive money rolling in, she won't be surprised when I quit. [Cough, gag] Sorry, my throat closed up on that one.

On another note... Anybody watching Idol? I love the tryouts--so hysterical. There's a guy that's made it through that is from Jasper, TX which is about 45 min from me, which is cool! He's a welder roughneck guy with a family, just thought he'd give it a shot. Yay, Texas!

5 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Ever since that guy wrote the song last year about stalking Paula "If you were a bathtub, I would caulk you..."

There will never be a more fabulous audition.

Melissa Marsh said...

Ha! I felt like I had to post something today, too. So it was definitely blah. :-)

And I'd say that it still qualifies as a wip if you're at least thinking about it.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Laughing at colbymarshall's comment *HAW!*

I missed last night's and part of the first night's auditions. I usually watch some of the auditions and then never see it again...although there were a couple of times I watched the entire season, back when, when...when...well, I can't remember their names....huhn.

Sharla said...

Usually we only watch the auditions for the entertainment, but last season we ended up watching all the way through and were hooked. I think my daughter and I each texted in our votes for David Cook 20 times each episode. We were pathetically enamored.

Janna Qualman said...

I think that's great you told your boss! The more you SAY you're a writer, the more you'll FEEL it.

I missed AI. Horror of all horrors. Must.watch.next.week.