ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's all in a name

I filled up my whole storyboard last night, I'm so jazzed! Have a full timeline on there, and ended up going a different direction for the plot, which got me going finally. I've been so hooked on what I thought it was going to be, that I didn't see any options. It can all still change, but the basics are there. Whoo hoo!!

And my main character is dead set on being her original name. I keep trying to change it to something else I really like, but when my characters are talking to each other and I'm alone and letting them talk out loud (Come on, you know you do it, too!) she always goes back to her original name. So I guess that's who she is!

Who am I to change it? Oh yeah, the author. Her boss. I don't think she cares much.

On a TV note...anybody watching The Bachelor? Who ya rootin' for? And what's your thoughts on the Deanna nightmare? Okay, guess you know mine! :)

2 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

I've had that problem SO many times - I'd get stuck on a plot point because I couldn't open my mind to any other options. I think I'm slowly getting over that mindset. This writing gig is a learning process!

Janna Qualman said...

Huzzah! Good for you, Sharla!