ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's Thursday

Ooooooh my bedroom is getting so cool!!! I feel like we're slowly moving into a Pottery Barn catalog, and I've ALWAYS wanted to live there! Remember the girl that lived in Walmart? Give me Kirklands, Pottery Barn, or Crate & Barrel... I can live there just fine. Who needs toothpaste and toilet paper? It's overrated. :)

Got more queries out last night, and thanks to Gretchen, I'm now hooked on QueryTracker. That's a very cool tool!! Have a few more to send out tonight, and then I have no excuses. I will be officially freed up to start plotting my next wip. Like...actually down in physical words.

Want to mention that a fellow Texas writer, Travis, has had a horrible personal loss. His home burned to the ground a few days back, right after he returned from a family vacation to Disneyworld. They lost everything. His family is safe and that's a blessing, but I can't even comprehend that kind of loss. There is a blog fundraiser set up if you know him and feel moved to chunk in your two cents.

My daughter was nice this morning. Guess the teenage alien body snatchers lightened up on her a little, but it was such a pleasant change of pace to not have to yell and fuss and beg and plead and duck the ice daggers that I normally get coming out of her. I take those moments as they come, because she'll be possessed again by the afternoon. :)

Everyone have a great day!

4 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Yay! You'll have to post a picture or two when the room's all done.

Oy. I'm not looking forward to the teenage years. My oldest will be 6 on Saturday, but she already has a dramatic 'tude. *sigh* Kudos to you for this morning!

Melissa Marsh said...

WTG on the queries! Always a good feeling to get those sent. :-)

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I'm still working on revising my novel so I'm not even CLOSE to querying yet. But reading about someone else doing it seems to inspire me to keep going!

Christine said...

I would love to live in a Pottery Barn, but with 4 teenage sons and a dog with no "den" instinct I pretty much just live...in a barn.

I'm decluttering the living and dining rooms today, though, so...there is hope.