ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, January 30, 2009

Paper or screen?

Wordism of the day: Flustrated. You're flustered, or you're frustrated. Pick one!

Nathan Bransford has had some interesting commentary going on about Sony/Kindle readers. What are your thoughts on that whole subject? I personally thought my daughter would be all about that, because she has 3-4 books going at one time, reading 24 hours a day if the rest of life doesn't get in her way. Books are falling off her shelf. I thought she'd be interested in the electronic version, but she surprised me. She said she really loves the feel of the paper book. So for a hard-core reader like that to pass on it, that says something.

Excited about Melissa's Just Write Challenge for February! Gonna get some serious work done!

8 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Oh no, no, no. My husband's family says it "fusstrated." ARGH. That drives me absolutely batty. I "trained" hubby not to say it that way anymore... now if only I could do the same with his brother...

Angie Ledbetter said...

What's up with the bastardization of that word? Makes me grind my teeth.

Smart girl you got there; maybe a future writer. :) And good luck with the JWC. The trial run was very encouraging to us participants.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Just noticed your completed WIP in your sidebar. Congrats! Interested in hearing more about your projects. Mine's womens fic too.

colbymarshall said...

I just can't do a kindle. I just have to have "real" books.

Sharla said...

Janna, yeah it's my inlaw's too. I don't know where the "t" challenge came from, but when they all get going with digikal and walmark and it starts echoing... I have to find something to do with my hands.

Melissa Marsh said...

I read enough on the computer as it is for work, so there's nothing like holding a book in my hands and reading the words on the paper and not the screen!

I'm excited for Feb's challenge, too!

Kathryn Magendie said...

I asked my 13 year old neice what she reads - kindle, or e-books and she said "what are those" - then she said she loves to curl up with a printed book !yayy!

and you've finished a novel? Congrats!

kimmirich said...

No plastic, it's paper for me!

And you've got a smart lil' girl there!