ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, January 23, 2009

Reading, writing, and I HAVE A DRESSER!!

My furniture is here! My furniture is here! I'm so giddy I don't know what to do with myself, no more plastic tubs! EEEEEEEEEE! Okay, need to do some lamaze breathing. Gonna be alot of work tonight to go pick up and set up and all that, but .... wow. Gonna go to bed looking at furniture.

Now if I'd get a partial request or some kind of carrot dangled... I'd be beside myself!!! Probably too much to ask for.

Janna had an interesting post about reading while writing, or what is more likely in my life, reading vs. writing. I love to read. I used to own a bookstore once upon a time, and it was like being a kid in a candy store. So many to choose from!!!! But since I've started writing, I have a hard time doing that simultaneously. My brain fights the conflicting stories for one. I even have trouble switching back and forth between querying my finished book and working on my new one. I dive in a project, live with those characters, and I do the same thing when I read, so it gets a little muddy.

Also, my only time for anything is at night after supper. That's when the TV goes on without fail, usually going through our DVR to watch whatever we've taped, and either I'm hooked into that or my husband has it going on something loud and violent. That's also my writing time, oddly enough. I can edit during all that going on, but I have a hard time sometimes writing new material. If I try to wait him out till I can get quiet, it will be midnight, so that doesn't happen. If I try to read, I either feel guilty that I should be writing, or he starts talking about the show that is on, so that doesn't happen often either. So to make a short story long.... I rarely get to read anymore, and I do miss it. There are several titles out there I really want to check out.

That's why my favorite times are Saturday mornings early. I get up before anyone and have three hours or so to myself with my coffee and my laptop. If I was really ambitious, I'd get up at 4am on weekdays and write before work, but I like my sleep too much.

[whispers...] did I mention my furniture is here?? [girly squeal in my head]

4 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

Elephants! elephants! I see them - I guess I always saw them but didn't see them -- or see them and saw them but -- oh never mind *laugh*

Now I forgot what I was going to say pertaining to your blog post - Oh! congrats on the furniture!

(Elle Phanty Laughing!)

Janna Qualman said...

*squee!* Yay for furniture!

And thanks for linking to my blog. :)

Melissa Marsh said...

So excited for your new furniture! I ordered a new bed last week and now I just have to pick it up. No more mattresses on the floor! :-)

I need to start a new book - finished reading the last one well over a week ago.

Sharla said...

Kathryn, maybe I should make Elle Phanty my pseudonym? Wouldn't that be funny?

Janna and Melissa, I'm so pumped, I'll have to take pics...no wait gotta get new bedding first. Dang@#

I started Twilight but haven't made it through the first chapter yet and that was a month ago...