ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, January 16, 2009

Six things... and lunch

Thought I'd give this a shot!

Six things that make me happy...
1) My kids when they are nice and not possessed by aliens
2) Super nachos with everything on them
3) Ice cream with chocolate or caramel and whipped cream and nuts
4) Reading something that I wrote long enough ago to forget, and hitting one of those spots where you go "Wow, that's so good, I wrote that?" Love that!
5) A clean house that I didn't have to clean. Okay that doesn't happen, that's more on the fantasy list.
6) My checking account still having money in it when the next paycheck hits. Very cool.

Six things I fear...
1) Not getting an agent. Especially not getting an agent because I'm doing something stupid like my querying stinks or something I'm not aware I'm doing! :)
2) My kids making bad choices that will make a difference.
3) Not being a good enough parent.
4) Bridges. Freakishly overwhelming anxiety driving over tall bridges. I can be the passenger, but not the driver. I stop breathing, it isn't good.
5) Snakes. Enough said.
6) Public speaking. I get higher and higher and faster and faster till I sound like Alvin the Chipmunk.

Going to have some nachos now... :)

7 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Great stuff! And I love your addition of the things you fear.

Sharla, I keep meaning to ask, who are you on AW? Do we cross paths? (I'm jannawrites.)

Sharla said...

I haven't been too active on AW lately, I used to be obsessive on there kinda like I am with blogging now! But I'm "sharla" there. Original, huh? I need to go back and see what's new.

Janna Qualman said...

I haven't, either. There's only one or two threads I check in on - and ever just lurk at - lately. Guess I'm in a downswing...

Janna Qualman said...

That should be *even* not ever...

Melissa Marsh said...

Oh, I fear the not getting an agent thing, too. I also fear never having my book published. Goodness. That makes my stomach drop.

Sharla said...

Yep. Got another rejection this afternoon. No requests for partials or anything, I'm having a hard time staying objective! I really need to dive into the next project and quit dwelling on this!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Thanks for your words about the excerpt - man, it's hard knowing what excerpts to put - which are boring, or which will give something away (as the excerpt that's up kinda does...! which are compelling...

Your list made me want some ice cream - except it's COOLLLLLDDD so maybe I want something warm - warm cookies! yes! ...dang my sweet tooth.

I don't have an agent! I never really tried hard to get an agent; I like the small press idea :-) But that said, there are some good agents out there. What surprised me is how some agents are sending writers to small presses!