ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some Things I Know Today

1) I'm old.

2) I have muscles inside my muscles that didn't exist before I started working out. They are now relishing their newborn lives and coming out to say hello.

3) Talking muscles are not funny when they are in your back and ass and you can't face them to tell them to shut up.

4) Curves has no mirrors and all I can see is other people jiggling in front of me, so I'm pretty clear on what they see of me.

5) Teenage girls melt into a pool of designer goo when you take their cell phone a.k.a. lifeline away from them. They walk around in a daze like you disconnected a power cord. Not that this is relevant to numbers 1-4, but that's what I'm dealing with this morning so I thought I'd throw it out there.

6) I haven't written anything in several days now, and I'm starting to feel disconnected myself. Tonight's the night. Tonight's the night. Tonight's the night. Three times, right? That worked for Dorothy.

7 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Great fodder here for a MC who goes to a gym, weight loss center for the first time! :)

Janna Qualman said...

ROFL! So funny! Er, I mean... That's really too bad, on all counts. ;)

Tonight's the night!

Melissa Marsh said...

I love Curves. I go to a similar gym now, too.

Hope you get some writing done tonight!

kimmirich said...

Hi Sharla, good luck on writing. Yay on curves!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Gawd....laughing! you are NOT old - stop saying that - do you know what that will make me -- MORE old....NOOOOOOOO!

Sharla said...

You're right, Angie, and you're so good at seeing the story possibilities in life! Had to make me some notes now!

Kathryn, you're not more old! You're more SMART! LOL!

DebraLSchubert said...

Sharla, Sit your pain-riddled ass down at the computer and start writing! NOW! I love Angie's idea to use your hilarious weight loss insights in your book.