ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Monday, February 9, 2009

Web wiggy

It's nearly 8pm and I'm just now getting here. Any guesses why? Yep, had to watch hubby router some trim. Because it's highly important that I be there. Then we had to do our taxes, and so now I'm sitting in my truck in a dance studio parking lot waiting on my daughter, and sucking internet juice off some nearby wireless router. With a 30% battery life on my laptop, so I may not be here long! LOL!

I tried last night and earlier today to work on getting my website set up. It's really taking me by the hair and whompin' me to the ground. I'll finally make a little headway, and then it'll say "unable to save changes" and I have to shut down. OMG it gets me so crazy! I am appliance worldly as long as it is "point and shoot" "click and drag" or any other cliched description of EASY. The whole blog thing threw me for a loop at first till I figured it out and the fact that templates are there for you didn't hurt.

This thing is killing me. There's templates all right, but it isn't user friendly and I can't for the life of me figure out how to link my blog to it so that it comes here all professionally when you click the "blog" button. Like every other single solitary website out there. Remember on "The Breakfast Club" (I'm such an 80's girl...love this movie) when the nerd talks about making a elephant lamp in shop, and he kept pulling the trunk but the light wouldn't turn on? That's how I feel. My light (blog link) won't turn on. I keep clicking and it keeps telling me 'nope, sorry, you're stupid, can't help ya.'

I'll keep plugging away because I'm hard headed, but my family may not like me anymore. 'Yeah, mom's got a website, but she's freakin' psycho, dude! Did you see the twitch?'

The fact that I just used "dude" in a sentence should tell you about my level of frustration. :)

4 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

ROFL! We watched The Breakfast Club again not too long ago. Lurve it.

Hang in there! I can't wait to see the site.

Sharla said...

Janna, don't expect too much! :) I'm using the same host as some others I saw, and I'm not getting anywhere near the same options for appearance. I dunno!

Debbie Schubert said...

Sharla, "I keep clicking and it keeps telling me 'nope, sorry, you're stupid, can't help ya." LMAO! Hang in there - I have faith that the website gods are just testing you. In the end, they'll reward you with a kick-ass website. Then the family will say, "Whoa, dude. Have you seen mom's bitchin' website?"

Angie Ledbetter said...

Don't know nuffin bout birthin' no website, but good luck!