ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Sunday, February 1, 2009

What to do??

I'm getting overwhelmed! Got on Facebook this morning and tried to figure that out. Then got into GoodReads and tried to figure that out. Then I had to go on my monthly roadtrip to pick up the girl child for the kid-swap, which is a five hour round trip so now I'm just blahhhhhhh. I should never have done the Facebook thing, because I feel like when I get online, I need to check my blog, 50 other people's blogs, respond accordingly, then go post something because something I read inspires me, then check AbsoluteWrite, Backspace, and now Facebook and GoodReads. I'm losing it!

Oh, and there's the Just Write Challenge that starts today, and I haven't even made it over there yet...gotta do that next.

I don't really need to do laundry, do I? I mean, we're out of towels but technically there's a roll of paper towels in the kitchen that would do the job. And the dishwasher is full and needing unloading, and therefore the sink is full and needing unloading... but there are can sodas and paper plates and leftover pizza...

I could go do those things, or I could spend the next three hours on the internet catching up. Or I could send out more query letters. Or, hey, I could write! Wow, there's a thought.

Or I could go sit on my arse and watch the Superbowl and eat the leftover pizza and throw a towel over the dishes. Not that any of my teams (Cowboys) are playing so I don't really have a preference but I'll watch and root on the Cardinals because...well...because Kurt Warner is hot.

Do I need to have a better reason?

6 comments:

kimmirich said...

ahh, hugs Sharla. Don't feel like you have to commit to each and every thing and keep up with everthing interntze wise. ; ) I too can not figure out Good Reads or the Face book thingy. I just pop in from time to time. Sometimes it's too much overload for the laundry queen here...

Most important; family, write and query, query query!!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Very same reasons I'm avoiding FaceBook and Twitter as long as I can. Glad you chose the game. We all need gel time. :)

Melissa Marsh said...

I resisted Facebook for a very, very long time. Now I'm glad I got on it because I've connected with tons of old friends that I haven't heard from in years. You can definitely get sucked into it, but I'm learning not to be on there as much anymore. :-)

Sharla said...

Angie, I compromised... I queried while I watched the game. ;)

DebraLSchubert said...

Kurt Warner IS hot! Too bad they lost. (And I live in PA!)

Rebecca Nazar said...

I'm new to Blogger. I love being here. I feel less isolated as a writer. But I hear you: it gobbles up time.