ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Monday, March 23, 2009

if you plant it, it will grow

Taped and floated before-mentioned kitchen again on Saturday...the second time. And I found out that I am much better at it than my otherwise very talented husband. :) He hates doing it and gets sloppy. My parts were byuuuuuuuuuteeeeefull. On Sunday, we took a break from kitchen-hell and went outside! Yay!! We do a square-foot garden around the perimeter of our backyard every year, and we went and tilled it all up and went and bought veggie plants and planted them. Tomatoes & cucumbers & canteloupe & bell peppers & hot peppers & onions. I have a little herb garden too. I love this every year. They are all so little and cute and I get so excited when they start producing and you see the babies. My blackberry vines are flowering now, too, so I'm excited for that. Last year we had millions of blackberries for the first time and I LOVE me some blackberries.

It was so nice to get outside and out of the repressing depressing dungeon of sheetrock. I'm so ready to have our house back!

Crazy girl got National Junior Honor Society and her induction ceremony is tonight so probably not much writing will get done tonight. But over the weekend, I did 1100 words total. Satisfied sigh. And that got my brain working too, so I'm thinking about it all the time, and I love that.

Crazy girl also had to write a paper for her confirmation coming up for church, a three minute timed presentation... and it blew me away. She's so lazy, she won't nurture her writing, and it absolutely slays me. She is so much better than I ever was at her age. Makes we want to whop her upside the head.

Back to work now...sigh. But not a satisfied one.

5 comments:

DebraLSchubert said...

I'm in awe of folks with green thumbs. I'm great at decorating but terrible at anything involving dirt, shovels, or places where bugs might live. (Read: Deep down I'm a real JAP!) Take some pics when your new babies sprout!

Melissa Marsh said...

Yay on the 1100 words! And I wish I could have a garden. We had one last year and I loved going out and picking fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and green peppers.

Congrats to your daughter on confirmation and National Honor Society!

Janna Qualman said...

What Debra said re: a green thumb. I kill anything I try to manage. And I'll let you stick to gardening. ;)

Congrats on your forward motion and thoughts toward the WIP!

kimmirich said...

Yummers on the blackberries! I'm thinkn' cobbler! Congtas to Crazy Girl!

Sharla said...

Deb/Janna - there is no green on my thumbs, fingers, knees or anywhere else. It's my husband. He's the "grower". I have learned the veggie gardening thing though, and I love it.

Melissa - Do it! Square foot gardening is so easy, takes up almost no room, or even get you just a couple of pots going. My brother does it on his apartment patio out of big planter pots.

Kimmi - All about the cobbler, girl!