ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mourning my background

I'm so sad!! I lost my blog background yesterday when I was moving some things around and changing my profile pic. I went back to Cutest Blog On The Block where I got it, and apparently they don't have it anymore! I'm crushed. I loved my background, it was DARK RED. They have nothing else like it, so I ended up with a black one at first but just couldn't hang with that. I have to have my red. It's a need. Like blood. And not that candy apple fu fu red, dark and deep. This is all I could find, so it will do. Deep sigh... Like losing an appendage. :)

I invested in a small hand held digital recorder the other day. Because I finally gave in to the fact that all my best ideas and scenes come while in the car or at work or any other place than when I'm sitting at my laptop, and then by the time I DO get to sit down, the idea is gone or foggy at best, and I don't recall the juicy details I had going on when I was driving down the highway with my Caramel Macchiato in hand. So now I have this handy little gem, and have already filled it with a couple of things that now I don't have to walk around all day chanting in my head so I don't forget them.

Anybody else do this? Or is it just me and my brain clouds?

8 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Definitley not just you, it happens to the best of us. ;) The recorder is a great idea.

I like this new background, better even, I think! Looks great.

Janna Qualman said...

*definitely*

Melissa Marsh said...

Oh yeah. I do this all the time. I have lost the best short story ideas because I haven't written them down. That's because they usually spring to life when I'm driving in rush hour traffic.

Sorry about the background! Wonder why they got rid of that one???

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hey, I'm lovin' the new background and can't remember now the other one....oh how soon we forget *laughing*

THANK YOU THANK YOU! FOR PRE ORDERING A TENDER GRACES! WHOOHOOO~ FIVE BOOKS AT LEAST! *LAUGHING*

But seriously, thank you so much for your support...*smiling*

If I write things down or record them, I forget them and then come across them later thinking "huh? what was this all about?"

DebraLSchubert said...

LOVE the new background! I think losing the old one was a blessing in disguise. I just write when I write and don't write when I don't write. I know, that's not very inspiring, but there you have the boring, naked truth. (Can something be naked and boring? Yes. I just remembered. A boyfriend from a million years ago...)

Lynnette Labelle said...

I have a digital voice recorder, too. Love it! What would we do without technology? I'm not even sure how we ever survived without the internet.

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Travis Erwin said...

I like the new background. I should spiff up my blog but never seem to find the time.

Angie Ledbetter said...

I like the rich velvety look of your new background. To capture all those fleeting ideas, I keep pen and paper everywhere.