ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, March 27, 2009

Pixie Dust...not

Happy Friday everybody!

I'm at work, so not all that giddy about that... but as you can see I'm not exactly 100% at work. My brain is wanting to play.

And possibly because I know when I get OFF work, I'll be on a ladder sanding sheetrock seams. Why? you may ask, because shouldn't that be done by now? And the answer would be NO. It will never ever ever ever be done. I will be living in a chalky dusty ripped apart kitchen for the rest of my life. My kids will have to eat on a stool and a tv tray until they move out. My dog will perpetually be covered in white, which covers the dirt so she's probably thinking she's okay with that because maybe she'll escape a bath. I will forever be scooping dust off the toaster so I can make toast. I will forever be washing the same dishes and utensils over and over again because the hole in the countertop sucks in all the dust. I will forever be yelling at people to put shoes on to walk around the house, so they don't bring three inches of aforesaid chalky dust in the beds with them. This is my life now. And we chose it. What the hell were we thinking?

Okay....off the soapbox, girl. Get off now. Deep breath. Sorry. Kinda got on a kick there and had to make a break for it.

Got 600 words out last night...whoo hoo! And now I'm at a place of not-sure-what-the-next-step-is because this is the part of my outline that is vague and can go in a number of directions. Have to do some pondering...

Hooked up with Duotrope last night and I am doing some thinking about short stories. Maybe while I'm sanding, I can drum something up! :)

8 comments:

Lynnette Labelle said...

That's the best time to plot, when you're doing something that doesn't require too much thinking. Sometimes, I plot while running on the treadmill. Not the best plan because then I have to stop and write my idea down. Then, I tried bringing a recording device with me, but felt strange talking into it as I ran and other gym members watched.

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Rebecca Nazar said...

So sorry about the dust:-( Horrible stuff. 600 words, whoot! Despite the mayhem, she rallies on.

Janna Qualman said...

I agree with Lynnette's thinking - that's prime brainstorming time.

Have a great weekend, Sharla!

Linda said...

Hello....I just found your blog and I had to leave a comment. I love your "salty" way of writing. I'll be back!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Mindless chores a lot of times will unlock your brain's creative side. Git ta sandin'! :)

colbymarshall said...

way to go with the 600 words...you're getting words out which is more than I can say for me lately! YAY!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh, do you use Duotrope's tracker? it's a pretty cool thing, too...

楊承琳yaya said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區