ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, March 6, 2009

Rollin Rollin Rollin

Have to make the monthly drive from hell tonight...six hour round trip to do the kid swap with my ex. And I'm not looking forward to it. On the tiny upside, it's spring break and it's a whole week instead of a weekend so at least I don't have to do again on Sunday. But I do get to do it next Saturday on my birthday so --well-- yee ha. I think I'm going to arrange it so that when my daughter and I arrive back into town we'll go get pedicures together... and get ice cream cones. Have to make it SOME kind of birthday!

Haven't been real productive on my new wip after that first night of pure adrenaline. There's been so much going on and my husband doesn't get that I can't write new material while talking or making supper or hanging sheetrock or watching my favorite tv shows that are DVR'd. Plus I'm at a crucial transitional place between backstory and current story and I can't quite figure out what to do there. So I think I'm going to skip it (sooooo hard for me. it will eat at me, I promise you) and just move on to another part for now. I have so much trouble doing that, my little voices start yammering at me that this thing and that thing haven't been addressed yet and you can't talk about that until you talk about the other thing... Rrrrrrrr. But I'm going to give it a shot rather than stare at the same sentence for an hour while Sarah Connor Chronicles distracts me.

Speaking of TV...really quick... Idol brought Tatiana back and I about choked. Then last night she grew a spanish accent because she liked Jorge (?)'s accent and I wanted to choke HER! I was over the moon when she got voted off (again), but how self indulgent was she when she was the only contestant that didn't congratulate the others with class. They all had to comfort HER. Oh she just needs a good whompin'!!

Okay, back to writing. See how I get distracted??

I am hoping to get some good ideas tonight, though. I've always used these lovely drives to work on writing material. The trip back home is about the only me time I get! LOL! Now if I could just figure out how to dictate directly into my laptop while I'm driving... Oh, now, there would be a marketable item I'd pay some BUCKS for! I'm sure they exist for sight impaired people, but I'd have a hard time justifying it for "time impaired".

4 comments:

Rebecca Nazar said...

Godspeed writing and traveling.

Janna Qualman said...

I'm the same way with transitions - both about them being difficult, and about part of my brain not wantimg me to skip over them. I've been trying to move on to the next "big thing" in my WIP this go round, so I can get the important stuff out and go back later.

Good luck with your brainstorming, and be safe driving!

And OH, that Tatiana. Did you catch how she thanked the whole world when she got brought back? As if.

Melissa Marsh said...

When I make the drive home (4 1/2 hours one way), I often use it for figuring out my stories. When you have nothing to do but stare at a long stretch of highway, it's a great way for the miles to go by.

Angie Ledbetter said...

A small voice activated recorder?