ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, April 17, 2009

Tender Graces

Okay, chickadees (and dudes) here is me reading aforesaid Kat Magendie's book Tender Graces last night. My husband took the picture, because Kat asked for one, and because I begged him. At the moment of this taking, I was on chapter three. I am now on chapter five.


If anyone is familiar with me, you know I rarely take time to read anymore, even though I dearly want to. I always feel like if I have time to read then I have time to write. And lately I haven't had time to do anything other than paint and glue sequins.

But..... This. Book. Is. Phenomenal.

It's not even really my reading style, it's unlike anything else, but I am transfixed. I love the characters, love the attention to detail, this book is so good!! I'm making the time to read it.

And then last night I put it down at chapter five and got out my spiral and jotted out a handwritten page that came to me. So technically I even got to write! Sometimes handwriting it is less intimidating than pulling out the laptop. I don't know why that is.

7 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

Now I'm crying - g-dang it all - you made me cry -- crying is for little girls with pigtails...not big old tough women....this ...I just have no words...god.

(and you are a beautiful woman Sharla - you glow...)

Sharla said...

That glow is just the reading light behind me... :))

You deserve all this praise!

Janna Qualman said...

Yay! I'm looking so forward to getting my hands on a copy!

Melissa Marsh said...

Ooh! I love it when a book absolutely pulls you in. I will have to check this one out.

Angie Ledbetter said...

You'll be soooooo sad/mad when you read the last page because it'll be over, but never fear, book two's coming!

I love that Tender Graces is like nothing else I've ever read. And I read a lot. :)

Patresa Hartman said...

yay! isn't it wonderful??? go kat!

Amy Sue Nathan said...

It's on my list too!!