ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, May 15, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words. Or at least 300.



What does this item mean to you?

In all honesty, I was at the grocery store, and saw it, and laughed to myself while watching the other shoppers steer clear of me. After all, syrup is such a humorous item, of course people pick it up and take pictures of it and giggle in the middle of the aisle.

But I thought of Kat and Angie first of all... then of my dad, because it was his favorite. Weirdly enough, that order used to go the other way around, but oh well.

I can write a whole story around this picture. This yellow can is my childhood. Can you? Is there some object from your childhood that you can pick up and have a memory make a story? Even a tiny one like a vignette?

Send it to me!

5 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Speaking of dads, I can see a bottle of Skin Bracer aftershave and think of mine. He wore it every day of my childhood and I loved that smell. I can still imagine a whiff of it, even now!

Sharla said...

My dad was Wild Country by Avon. I still know that smell, too! :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Girrrrrl, that yeller can says HOME to me. :)

So many objects evoke childhood--fireflies, my grandpa's Old Spice, Bigmama's biscuits, coffee dripping in an old aluminum pot...

colbymarshall said...

Probably could do so about several things...hm...good story prompt.

ChristaCarol said...

It is a good story prompt. I think all my invoked memories are blocked by trauma lol. Weather is the most powerful for me, though. The smell of Fall before it's Fall always brings me home.