ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, June 19, 2009

Thank you to Debra Schubert!

Weeeelllllllllllllll???? Evidently I rot at the contest-holding-thing, or maybe it's because I've been more "spread out" on my posting and people aren't coming by as much. Whatever the reason, I only had one entry, and I bow and scrape deeply in gratitude to the talented Debra Schubert who threw in her cocky little take on the picture prompt, and make me laugh out loud. Click here to read it.

Maybe I'll leave the contests to the pros, and just babble like usual. I'm good at that. :)

I haven't been writing, I've been remodeling and ... yes, I've been playing on FB... I admit it. If there were a 12-step program I'd be all over it.
BUT! I've hit that "non-writing guilt" phase where it's eating at me like a starving maggot. (Ew, nasty, but I couldn't think of a better metaphor) I think of my wip constantly again, while at work, watching TV, driving, painting...whatever. It's working on me, instead of me working on it, but that's better than nothing. There's even a song lately that has become like the soundtrack. It's Daughtry's "It's Not Over". That song comes on and I want to pull the car over and write like a madwoman.
I'm trying to reclaim the dedication of approaching it as a job, not a hobby, since that's the only way it will ever BECOME a job. So I talked with my husband last night about helping to keep me accountable.

I realize now that I cannot write new material in the chaos of my life at home. And I work full time so I can't jump in and write for hours at a time, but I can claim an hour a night after supper and cleaning and laundry to go off in a room alone with no tv and hopefully no "hey mom's" or "hey baby can I tell you this real quick" and if I can pull that off, I just might get myself going again!

An hour a night is doable. And better than I'm doing at the moment.

On the other subject, here is my new floor...just finished today!


4 comments:

DebraLSchubert said...

You're welcome! I had fun doing this and I'm glad no one else entered, I mean I'm glad I won given all the amazing competition! Now, get back to your writing, Sharla!!!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Rats! Sorry I missed the contest. I've been so scattered lately. Congrats to Schube!

Kathryn Magendie said...

I think people are all embroiled in summer because comments have sloughed off - OR!! they have sloughed off only at my place because I"m boring everyone *laughing*....or because I've not had time to visit much - I try to visit on Sunday's as I'm doing now.

Anyway--when there is chaos, I can't write. WHen we had our ceiling re-done, I finally left the house and worked at the library - BUT I have a deadline - and when you have a deadline, it puts a fire under your arse! *laughing*

colbymarshall said...

facebookers anonymous...oh how i need it. Need it even worse now that I have a blackberry. Wow.