ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Saturday, June 27, 2009

What's that sound? Oh! Nothing!

My daughter came back from a month at her dad's today...well, she didn't just morph back into the house, I drove 3 hours there and back, but we did break it up with a Marble Slab chocolate swiss and pecans and snickers ice cream cone! My house has been so non-chaotic in her absence. No teenage girl noise, no whining, bitching, or eye rolling. Now, tonight, the music is too loud, she and her best friend are laughing and making a mess in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the living room, stuff is left out and doors keep slamming. And I'm lovin' it. All is normal again. My girl is back in all her obnoxious glory. :)

And my husband is gone all night to stand in line for tickets to an ACTS men's retreat at the church (they only take the first 32) with a cooler in hand and a lawn chair.

So I'm finding myself alone... dare I say, able to write if I choose to in relative peace... no TV on, nobody talking to me, and I have long learned to tune out the teenager noise. Hmmm, so I'm going to go see what that peace is like. Reacquaint myself. I refuse to go to bed and waste this quiet!!!

4 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Sounds delish!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Marble Slab chocolate swiss and pecans and snickers ice cream cone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa Marsh said...

Ahh....quiet = great writing time.

Diane said...

Sometimes its harder to write when you feel you have to I find!