ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Been fishin'...now I'm writin'!!!

I've been awol, but on a wonderfully relaxing fishing vacation with my husband. We have a great fishing spot on the river just 10 minutes from our home...that unfortunately we don't get to take much advantage of because we're always working on something. Well, for our anniversary, we took a week off from work and went fishing every day. It was a blast! We went fishing every morning, watched the sun come up, came in in the afternoons, cleaned up and spent the afternoon laying in bed watching movies and doing absolutely no work. It was phenomenal. We don't do that. We never lay around, we aren't "lay-around" kind of people but oh man, let me tell you, I was all over it. We SO NEEDED THAT.










posing after cleaning fish on last day...

And this morning, since fishing is over, I got up early and got my coffee and sat down to work on my wip. Actually wrote 1100 words so far! I've been needing that too, it's been playing like movie scenes in my head, and it felt good to put them down. Going back to it now, before hubby gets up and we have to go clean the boat. I've missed you all, and will try to get to all your blogs tonight and tomorrow!
Have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

I'm so glad you got a vacation and some relaxation in! You definitely needed it with all the remodeling and recitals going on!

And yay for getting back to the page!

Janna Qualman said...

Sounds like a very well-deserved week, Sharla, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And (I don't normally say this) wOOt on the writing! :)