ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!

I had a comment from the oh-so-wise Gumbo Writer yesterday about just getting those darn words down, and not get so caught up in the minutia (ooooh, my fancy word of the day) of the writing. Basically, worry about editing later.

I have trouble with that. I'm such a born editor, I constantly rework as I go, it has to be perfect and if it isn't, I get all blocked up. I am in awe of those that can just write raw and get it all out there and go back later. My one exception to this is writing longhand, which I've started doing for this reason. Somehow it makes it okay to not be perfect if it's done with a pen (LOL!) so I can scribble and draw lines and be as free and non-perfect as I want to be, and then when I transfer it to computer, I fine-tune and edit.

It's a weird system, but it seems to do the trick I think. I had so many ideas yesterday that I still haven't gotten down, but I put my little red notebook in my purse on the way to work this morning so I can hopefully steal some time to scribble. Of course I could be doing that right now... hmmm.

By the way, congrats to Christa for winning a writing prompt at KT Literary and good luck on the idea of having a monthly prompt herself. I'll go check it out, I wasn't very successful hosting that myself so I'll go play with others!! I have many blogs to catch up on.... but I have a meeting in 10 minutes so that'll have to wait. Rrrrrr...

I have big plans for today, that somehow I have to find a way to fit all in. After work, I have to go to Target for a red coffeemaker, can opener, telephone (not red), and tv trays, hit the grocery store, cook spaghetti because we can finally use our kitchen, and paint some more on doors. Oh and work out on the EA Active for Wii I bought. Oh and see who got voted off "So You Think You Can Dance." Oh and write. Oh---and my inlaws are coming over. Yeah, it's all gonna happen.

2 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Could you cram anything else into your day? :) Thanks for the mention, and I'm so glad you discovered writing it out vs. the keyboard!

colbymarshall said...

mmm, spaghetti....DO IT GIRL!