ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Red Notebook

Back on April 22nd, I posted about buying a little red notebook spiral to write in.


At the time, it's intent was for when I was on the go, a place to jot down ideas and play around with short stories. Now, four months later, its actual life has taken on a whole new role.

I started using it more and more for working on my book, and now it's part of my daily routine writing longhand rough drafts at night and transcribing and tweaking in the mornings. I carry my (extra appendage) little red notebook in my...


GI-NORMOUS purse (that I also love because it fits everything from my wallet to my lunch) every day just in case I might have a second somewhere to scribble something. I love writing longhand. It's so freeing. Never thought I would, but I'm all about it now.

I'm mentioning all this because (gasp) my trusty little red friend is about two pages away from being FULL.
Say it isn't so!!! I'm going to have to go buy another one, and I just don't know if we will have the same bond. Sigh... It will have to remain red, because...because it just does. Maybe I'll have to number them and put them in a drawer!
And if you click on the above pic and can read that, you'll get a snippet... (hee hee)

7 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

I used to have to write in blue pen - all the time. Black just wouldn't cut it. HAD to be blue.

I carry a journal around with me for each novel I write. Keeps everything in one spot. :-)

T. Anne said...

LOL I get pretty attached to my notebooks as well. Esp. the pretty ones. Oh the fun times we've had..

Stef said...

I have around 20 notebooks at this point, all varying in shape, size, and color. haha They started when I was younger as therapy outlets, but as time went on, I found myself writing more and more creative projects on the pages. So they transformed into my creative writing journals.

I recently went back to one of them from high school the other day and about laughed my pants off. Oh my, it was horrible. :)

~Stef
http://52weeksofwordage.blogspot.com

Janna Qualman said...

Rock on! Will you get another red one, like it's a new "lucky" thing, or try a different color?

Sharla said...

Love blue ink too! Weirdly enough, black is okay to write with, but at work I have to have blue, nothing else.

And Janna, it will most DEFINITELY be red! *cheesy grin*

Lazy Writer said...

I write everyting out long hand first in notebooks just like you showed. I get much more writing done that way, and by the way, you'll develop a bond with a new notebook, too. Trust me!

Kathryn Magendie said...

How cool and wonderful is that? A near-filled notebooks - ahhhh, wonderful! and I could read part of it! :)