ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Those pesky words

400 words this morning...not exactly setting the world on fire! I'm just at one of those places where it's more like walking through mud than running barefoot. The words aren't coming easy, and maybe that's the problem. It's words.

I write best when it's not words, when it's visual like a movie and I watch my characters act it out. The last week has been a visual shut down, and I'm looking at words on a paper and trying to drag them along kicking and screaming.

So I feel like the words are falling flat and slow, and I walk around feeling frustrated because it's not exciting.

Rrrrrrrr...

It's okay though. My movie will turn back on and my characters will play nice again. They have to. They won't get paid if they don't show up for work. LOL.

2 comments:

Lazy Writer said...

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. I can't write when it's just words. I have to see it, too. I hope your movie comes back on soon!

Melissa Marsh said...

Feel your pain. I've been slogging lately, too.