ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, August 7, 2009

Where do your ideas come from?

Where do you get your motivation? Your drive? Your ju-ju!

Do you pull ideas from life, from family, from the news, from TV, or are they born to fester around in your brain till they crawl out on their own? (ooooh, sci fi sounding!)

And then what drives you to take it forward? Is it money or possibility of money? Being a professional? Or do you have a choice in the matter?

Personally, I have to write...something. I don't have a choice. It doesn't have to be a novel, but it has to be something. I have found though, that taking on such a large project makes me much more accountable...makes me feel more like a writer because it takes so much more to accomplish it.

Tell me what makes you write. What drives your boat! And since everyone writes different genres and categories, I'm interested in where you get your ideas.

7 comments:

Analisa said...

I must admit sometimes the fire of a deadline does it for me. I wrote a short story for a contest and got it done faster because of a deadline. I think God is so creative that He made us that way. I know I have written things that I was not thinking about but it just flowed. With blogging it is usually something going on in my life or something I was pondering or found funny.

DebraLSchubert said...

I write what's there to be written. I know that sounds hokey, but it's true. I don't think about it or ponder it too much, I just sit down and let the words flow. It's a very organic process for me. Infinite stories are floating around the ether. We each cue in on what's "right" for us. It's the same when I write songs. That's the beauty and mystery of creating.;-)

Lazy Writer said...

I'm just like you. I write because I have to. And my ideas come from life but somehow they get all twisted and exaggerated while I'm writing!

Melissa Marsh said...

I write novels. Historical ones, usually with a romantic twist. And as far as where my ideas come from...well, from everywhere. They could him me when i'm reading a history book or watching a movie or watching people in the mall or..or...there is just inspiration EVERYWHERE.

Anthology Authors said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthology Authors said...

I'm a publisher, but on occasion, I write. It truly varies where the ideas come from. Sometimes, it's a news story; sometimes, it's a dream; sometimes, it's a conversation. The mind is an amazing thing. Do you ever wonder if the worlds we create don't exist somewhere? ;)

Marci

bernthis said...

the desire to feed my kid and make people laugh. So far I seem to be accomplishing mostly the latter