ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, September 10, 2009

21,200 words on the wall... take one down, pass it around...

I just hit 21,200 words today on my novel, which means I'm over one-fifth...almost one-fourth...of the way done. Glass half full / half empty, whichever way you choose to look at it.

And today was a fun day to write...I had to do the type of scene I love... a group of people all talking at once like people really do. Dialogue popping and bouncing around, moving very fast. I love those because it's not in depth thinking and serious, it's totally off the cuff and raw, like people really talk when they are together. Loved it. Wish I could do a whole book with just dialogue like that, but that wouldn't be a book.

What is your favorite aspect of writing? What part do you thrive in and relish? Do you like the dialogue? The description? The history?

5 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Go you! I'm sorry you had to be sick at home to do it, though.

I'm with you on the dialogue! I really feel like I can most comfortably handle it with my longer stuff. It never feels forced.

Angie Ledbetter said...

I like weaving the characters and plot and conflict together like a tight braid. :D Congrats!

DebraLSchubert said...

I love dialogue. But, I also love eavesdropping on my characters' thoughts. I'm with Angie - it's all good!;-)

Lazy Writer said...

Congrats! I like the dialogue aspect, too. But I'd have to say that my favorite part of writing is when the words just come out of nowhere, and I don't even have to think of them. It's like they think of themselves. Does that make sense?

Sharla said...

I'm envious, Angie, that's my weak point and it stresses me out! LOL

Lazy, makes total sense. I love that too, when the characters take over and the stuff just comes out.