ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Did you write it?

My brain has stalled again on my wip, so I'm trying to conjure up a short story or something to get the creativity going. And I keep landing somewhere I don't want to land.

Ever have an idea for a story that is just so hideous, so unfathomable, that you know you just can't write it? Something that will rip your heart out, and turn you into a puddle of goo on the floor.

I keep going to this idea, and I really wish it would go away because it's just too sad, too horrible. While it may be an effective story, I don't think I'd be a better person on the other end of it.

Anyone ever have this dilemma? And did you write it?

6 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

I haven't, but it's a very interesting scenario.

I think it sounds like some part of you needs to write it, so I say if it keeps hassling you, try it. What's the worst that could happen? (Besides finding yourself a puddle of goo?)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Echoing Janna here, but maybe if not for publication, you could let it out in journal form so it will free up some room in your head? Write it from someone else's POV if ya have to.

Lazy Writer said...

I agree with both comments before me. I'm sorry it's a sad story, but I think before you can move on, you need to get it out of your system. Besides, you never know where the story might lead you. Maybe it has a really good heart warming ending in store.

colbymarshall said...

Not exactly, but I did have a story that hit a LITTLE too close to home for me, but I ended up writing it anyway. It was a tough story to write, draining, but it was effective and great in the end, I believe :-)

Analisa said...

No, I can't say I have been there. Do you think it is possible to start it free flow and then after you release some of that it may stop the jam in your work in progress. I normally have a few ideas buzzing around like wasp, but I will just jot down the storyline and that seems to help. Maybe if you just go through the motions of that it will help.

If you feel like it is really too dark. Don't bother, but sometimes our characters do things we would never consider.

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable