ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday 56 - Fearless Fourteen!

Friday 56 is hosted by Tonya at Storytime With Tonya and Friends. Why don't you join in the fun?

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Tonya's blog.
* Post a link along with your post back to Tonya's blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Here's mine!

"I got a bad feeling about this," Lula said. "If this is the younger brother, what the heck does the older one look like?"
--from Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich


Have a great long weekend! I'm hoping to get some writing done in between visiting family!

7 comments:

Lazy Writer said...

You have a great weekend, too!

Rebecca Nazar said...

"There have been far too many magicians too idle or ignorant to pursue a proper course of study, who instead bent all their energies upon acquiring a fairy-servant--and when they had got such a servant they depended upon him to complete all their business for them" --Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrel, by Susanna Clarke

Whoa, big one.

Robyn Campbell said...

Yikes! The closest book to me is NOT the one I'm reading now but the one our sixth grader gave me to read.

She was right. A moment later, while the dragon at the far end was taking a deep breath to continue arguing and the thin dragon was winding up a long, involved train of logical reasons why her proposal was the best, Kazul said, "Thank you for all your advice. I'll certainly think about it before I decide what to do." :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Oops, I forgot to name the book and the author. The above is from Dealing With Dragons, by Patricia C. Wrede. :)

Tonya said...

haha! Is this brother good or bad?

Stephanie said...

Good quote!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Those are my feet in the photo! teehee - I always hated that my 2nd toe is longer than my big toe....my bio mom told me "that means you are smarter and you are the boss" actually, she just said "the boss" and I just added smarter *laughing*

I need a book - I am in the living room watching top chef with my lap top instead of working on my MS -- erk --everyone needs a break!