ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Monday, September 28, 2009

Gimme a Name!!!

Happy dances all over the web today...for my nearly 3 week long writers block-steeped-in-quick-sand ended yesterday!! Had to do my monthly road trip to pick up my daughter from her daddy-visit, and it was just the ticket. Something about being in a car for hours on end sets my brain to rollin'.

Now, it's not rollin' at lightning speed or anything, but it is at least moving. My biggest hold-up was a major character that was falling flat with no background. And now that wall busted loose, I have some steady movement going again. Yay!!!!

Now...

I need some opinions (just for the fun of it) on the name of a diner in a Southern small town. I could just name it something, but I thought it would be fun to give my friends a piece of that. I'll see if I can post them on here as well. Get creative!

12 comments:

Lazy Writer said...

Congratulations! I always get ideas when I'm on long drives by myself. There's nothing else to do but think.

Melissa Marsh said...

Yay! So glad the writer's block is gone. It can be so frustrating.

Trying to think of a good diner name, but nothing is coming to me right now!

Lynnette Labelle said...

I'm so glad you found your muse again. As for a diner name... Can't think of one at the moment. If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh, a name for a diner! Makes me think of Soot and Marco's diner and how I never gave it a name *laughing* I guess it'll just have to be Soot's - which turns out to be a pretty cool name anyway...huhn!


Let's see -hmmm - I see someone's name down there that would make a cool southern diner name: Labelle's!

Hmmm. what else -- Zippys *laughing*

Home Fry's diner - hmmm well maybe not

Homesick Grill - isn't that a movie or book?

Hushpuppy's diner ...things are getting worse, I better stop....laughing

Kudzu's

Maw Maw's Tater Shack *laughinG!**!*!*
good gawd! laughing - I better stop

ChristaCarol said...

Yes, driving always brings out my muse!

lol Kathryn, great suggestions! Let's see what I can come up with:

Bubba B's
Jack & Jills Eatery (probably already taken)

Darla Dale's Diner (like the D's lol)

Merry Mama's

Ok, I'm spent and my kid is insisting I eat her "food" she cooked up (speaking of diners lol)

Janna Qualman said...

Go, Sharla! Good for you.

Hmm... lots of great diner ideas. How about something like The Scrambled Plate or The Dusty Cup? A verb and a noun that wouldn't normally go together, but that feel restaurant-y?

Janna Qualman said...

Yikes. That sounded full of myself, like my own ideas would be great. I meant the ones above me. ;)

David F. Weisman said...

Just for fun,

Bobbi E. Lee!

Rebecca Nazar said...

The Dinah I always thought would be funny, of course, maybe that only works with a Maine or MASS accent. Texas?

Good luck :-)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Southern Comfort Cafe'!

Diane said...

Great news!
Bubba's BBQ and Gun Repair Shop has a pleasant ringto it.... ? :O)

Sharla said...

Oh yall have me LMAO!!!! Too funny! I can't wait to post all these, and yes...I'm posting ALL of them!!