ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My daughter has issues

Janna had a post the other day about the books on her nightstand. I had to tell her about my daughter's room, and the mess level of HER books. So I took a couple of pictures.
These are right next to her bed and are in the category "currently reading". Now, there are 11 in this pic, and outside the realm there are actually 7 more.

I asked her how is she reading 18 books all at one time? I mean, granted, she will read 3-4 at once...a feat I can't figure out but she actually does it. But 18? I'm thinking it was a little beyond the truth.


This came from an argument when I asked her to clean her room, because unfortunately her entire room falls in this same theory of order. Everything is piled everywhere, and she just knows where it is. Sort of.
Her backpacks also have at least two books each in them, and usually so does my car because she'll grab one on the way to dance class.

I think she's a good candidate for a Kindle. She loves the paper and feel of the real thing, but I think it's almost a need at this point. What do you think?



Don't forget to throw me a "diner name" comment! I'm still in the market! Got some really good ones, and I'm waiting for more.

8 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

I think a Kindle's a great idea!

Rebecca Nazar said...

Yup, Kindle would cut down on the volume. It's a techno gadget, kids nowadays love gadgets, right?

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh, man, that's what my nightstand looked like before I got my e-reader. LOL!

Diane said...

I guess I would be too thrilled to have my daughter read with such passion that I would not care. I can understand the love of holding and smelling and feeling a book though...... :O)

Lazy Writer said...

I think a Kindle would make a very nice gift for your daughter. Although, I don't know that I could give up all the books she has if I were her.

Angie Ledbetter said...

I'm following the same "organizational" plan as your daughter. Crap stackers unite!

Melissa Marsh said...

I think it's awesome that she loves to read that much!

Analisa said...

I can't think of a diner name but I loved Maw Maw Tater shack. That says attitude and spice