ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The sound of nothing

Did you hear that screeching sound like tires halting on hot pavement? That's my wip coming to a dead halt. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zip.

I can stare at it for hours.

And it stares right back.

I think it's winning.

Last weekend it started this behavior, and it has been consistent, I must say. Now we are rounding out the second weekend.

I go back to work tomorrow knowing that I cooked two new recipes this weekend and painted a door and carted laptops and phones and any other appliance out of my teenage daughter's room for multiple groundings that seemed to just keep going on and on...you'd think she'd catch on to the trend, but...that's another story. Anyway, I did lots of things, none of which included writing on my wip.

I submitted three short stories to magazines, but they weren't new ones, I had written them a while back. While you might say that's at least in the right business...yes, but I need to get my book going again. Have to, have to, have to.

And I can say that all I want...but I'm telling you it doesn't even blink! LOL!

Maybe I'll go try out ANOTHER recipe. I'm gonna get fat if this doesn't let up!! :))

4 comments:

Lazy Writer said...

I feel your pain. I wish you luck getting out of this slump. Just give it time. It will happen.

Rebecca Nazar said...

Good luck with submissions. :-)

Janna Qualman said...

Keep at it, lady. We all go through slumps. Your brain needed a hiatus.

Keep us posted on those submissions!

marylindsey said...

Ooooh, I can so relate. Just blogged about it myself. Hang in there.