ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Are you treading or do you need a snorkel??

What are you writing about right now?


Okay maybe not right now since you're here and not there...but currently. What's your genre, how far into it are you, and at what stage of swimming are you?

1 = Just beginning, your toes touching the water with that exhilarating rush of "this is so AWESOME!"
2 = In up to the knees, wading and breathing hard and not wanting to leave.
3 = Up to the waist, realizing you have started and can't turn back, loving your story but not sure how to continue.
4 = Chest deep, breathing hard again but for a different reason. Back on focus but stressed about getting to the end.
5 = Over your head but so immersed you're giddy... could be the lack of oxygen...
6 = Breaking the surface! Yay! You're at the finish line! But hey...revision time...that's why the shore is so far away.
7 = The long swim back, plodding through those edits.
8 = Flopping onto the beach, covered in sand, stung by jellyfish, too tired to move, baking in unrelenting sun and waiting....waiting... otherwise known as Query Hell.

Personally, I'm between plodding and flopping on one, and waist deep on the other.

Now for something completely unrelated and fun and because the holidays are approaching I'm reposting my praline recipe. Enjoy!


PECAN PRALINES

MICROWAVABLE!

3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups pecan halves

Use 3-4 qt microwavable dish (it looks too big but it grows). Stir buttermilk, sugar, salt and butter until mixed. Add pecans and stir together. Cook on high for 12 min, stirring every 4 min. Stir in baking soda (kids love this because it foams up and grows) until foamy and consistent. Cook on high for 1 min. Beat or stir briskly (I stir, it's easier with the pecans) until thick. It will thicken as it cools. Drop on foil before gets too thick. Cools within a half hour. Yum!

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I write sweet romantic comedies. And right now, I'm #7 "The long swim back" in edits. Bleh.

Susan R. Mills said...

I write YA, and I've been in every stage. Currently, I'm in that long swim back with Query Hell just in sight.

Tamika: said...

I write Women's Fiction. My current work in progress is in the beginning stages.

Looking forward to some rigorous laps!

Linda said...

I'm working on a memoir. I guess I'm being tossed by the wave and going between waist deep, chest deep, and over my head!

Janna Qualman said...

I'm at $3. Except that I know where I'm going, it's just that my muscles are sore from swimming. Taking just a little break before I take off again... hopefully for November in leiu of NaNo!