ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Going to a conference so I must really be a writer...right?

Short and sweet today...

Spent the last two days scribbling in my notebook, and last night typed it into the wip and it was a little over 1000 words. Yay! Slow progress again, much better than the screeching halt that preceded it.

Registered today for the DFW Writers Conference in April 2010...my first one!! I am so jazzed. It doesn't have the big fanfare of BEA or RWA or Backspace conferences, but it's one I can afford and drive to (6 hrs away) without massive expense and too much time away from work. One day I'd love to go to one of those big conferences, but it's not in my budget right now...LOL! This one has agent pitching and workshops and speakers...enough to make me feel writerly. I'm really excited.

Have you attended any conferences? Which ones and what's your thoughts?

3 comments:

Natalie Murphy said...

I attended the RWA conference in Washington over the summer. It was an amazing experience. I met so many wonderful people. It was nice just to be in the same room as so many other writers. I hope you have a blast!!

Janna Qualman said...

So exciting! I hope to go to one this spring, too, in Chicago. I'm working hard toward that goal.

Keep at it, Sharla!

Lazy Writer said...

I haven't been to a conference yet, but I really, really want to. I'm hoping to in the next year. I'm so glad you are getting to go.