ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

It's a beautiful non-muggy day here in Southeast Texas, and I'm having a heck of a time staying indoors! So I've had my laptop outside with me, and I've been working diligently on my first-book query. Since I've pulled that book out of the archives and been tweaking it, I realized my query needed alot of work. I cringe now to read my old one, knowing I sent it out to 40+ agents and no WONDER it received such lukewarm response.

I don't know what I was thinking last year when I thought it was good enough. And right now I'm pretty happy with it, so I'm hoping a year from now I won't be saying that again!! LOL!

If you're interested, I have my query out for critting at AW here. Stop by and gnaw on it a little!

So I'm back to digging out my old agency list and adding some new names, and throwing my baby out there to the wolves again. Oh, and I need to pull up that ....ahem ...cough ...synopsis... whew that was tough. Need some water now.

Yeah, I need to get that back out and update it too.

I'd almost rather go dust.

2 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Good for you. I pulled out my old query the other day, too. Yep, it needs lots of work. I'm not ready to look at the synopsis. I think I might cry if I see it.

Sharla said...

Ohhhhhh I had to pull the synopsis out today and rework it down a little for a request I got. It was too long. Made my stomach hurt!! LOL!