ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You are awesome and this is why...

There's a wonderful, simple, short and sweet post by Elana that struck me personally today. She talks about how a student of hers told her she was awesome, and that not only did it make her feel good, but that the student was in awe (no pun intended) that she didn't recognize it in herself.

We get so busy in our crazy run-here-and-there lives, that sometimes we do forget to stop and tell the people we love how great they are. We may say "I love you" in passing or even stop and make it real, but do we really tell them what we love about them? What makes them so great and wonderful and qualifying of our love?
I mean, sure, we have to love our kids because they were given to us and we have to love our mate because we chose them and we have to love our extended family because our mothers told us to and we have to love our friends because they are the only people who will listen to us gripe about all the other above mentioned people! LOL!

But we seldom take a second to stop and say, "I really think you are awesome because...when you laugh you do it from your soul and it lights up the room." "I really think you are so special because you try so hard to please." Even, "I think you are the best when you put the toilet seat down!"

And our kids especially. We do alot of fussing. At least I do. I find myself harping and reminding and fussing much more than laughing and enjoying my kids. And that's sad. Last night, I sat down with my daughter and we talked about grades and high school and stress and I tried to tell her many things, but telling her how amazing a person she is never came up. I will remedy that tonight. That's something our kids need to know. Especially as they grow up and enter a brutal, brutal world. That they are not only loved, because they expect that, but that we think they are just awesome.

So to you, all my friends, here's a badge you can hold onto, to know you are thought of as AWESOME!! And the "why" is because you are my link to the writing world, and I wouldn't be who I am now as a writer without all of you.


5 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Thanks. And you are awesome yourself!

Melissa Marsh said...

What a great post and a great reminder for us as parents, friends, spouses, and family!

Janna Qualman said...

Beautifully thought and expressed! Thanks for the reminder.

And hey, Sharla? You're awesome. I like you because you're peppy and fun with a side of sweet seriousness.

Rebecca Nazar said...

Right back atcha! :-)

Natalie Murphy said...

Thanks! Great post!