ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No--NaNoWriMo and tunnel vision

Haven't blogged in a week....so sorry! Real life has been nuts, writing life has been tunnel visioned, and basically I evidently don't multi-task well.

I've found that I either hit up AW message boards or blog, but rarely do both. For some reason, the two don't mix. And lately I've really been hitting the AW boards, working on improving my query letter and synopsis, and critting others. And going through my first novel again, just to see if it can get better.

I learned last year about December through mid-Jan pretty much being a wash on submissions because agents are wrapping up for the year, so I'm focusing on getting submissions out there before they close up shop.

And last year I told myself I'd do NaNoWriMo this year, but with refocusing on the old novel and still dedicated to the new one, I just couldn't see spreading myself that thin starting a third right now. And I have to say to all who ARE doing it...Kudos to you! November is a crazy time of year for most people with the holidays coming...at least for me it's insane without writing even entering the picture. My hat is off to those who can do it!!

I know this is a bunch of rambling blabber, but guilt over not blogging does that to me! Now I need to get back to work for the people that pay me, because unfortunately my bank account requires it.

C'ya!

4 comments:

Tamika: said...

The holidays will be a blur this year with NaNo and finishing my MS by Dec. 31st.

The great news is that my family is in total agreement to my plan! WooHoo! Merry Christmas for me. Writing is easier when the people you love are cheering you on.

Natalie Murphy said...

Good luck with everything! I agree, November is a crazy month. I dont know how people are doing NaNo. Boggles the mind.

Melissa Marsh said...

I'll say it again - NaNo should be held in January or February. No major holidays and long, cold, and dark evenings perfect for writing!

colbymarshall said...

The NaNo thing hasn't done it for me, either. I just have too much other stuff going on!