ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, November 6, 2009

A perfect writerly world, it's not...

It's Friday!! And in a perfect writerly world, that would mean two upcoming days of solid writing. Well, to be honest, in a perfect writerly world, I wouldn't have to go to work today, I'd be writing all day today as well!

But it isn't that perfect writerly situation for me, or for most people I would guess. Unless you're Stephen King or Nora Roberts or JK Rowling. And if you're those people, I doubt you're reading my blog! Or maybe you are? Now, wouldn't THAT be cool?

Anyway... since my real life world consists of a day job, Friday night football game to watch my daughter march, Saturday morning fishing (yes!!!!!! SO excited), and then painting ornaments for the dance studio's annual Christmas production, Sunday morning church, and more painting ornaments... and probably some undesirable chores throughout...and bathing the dog... all that put aside, I'm hoping to get some quality writing in. Or editing actually, since I'm revisiting the old right now.

But you know....that's okay. Because if I didn't have all those things to do, that would mean I didn't have a wonderful family to take care of, and a roof over my head (okay maybe I'd still have a roof, just a maid) and a life to live in addition to this writing thing I love. That would be pretty lonely. So I'll embrace my crazy schedule, and continue to plug writing into the empty slots I can find.

So what are YOUR plans this weekend...writerly or otherwise?

6 comments:

T. Anne said...

Just kicking around the house. Nut I was most amused your psyched about fishing! Good for you!

Rebecca Nazar said...

Raking leaves, mostly, wet ones. Oh joy . . .

Susan R. Mills said...

Sounds similar to my weekend. But like you said, where would we be without the chaos? LONELY!

Janna Qualman said...

That's a great way to look at it, Sharla, and you're right. We need to enjoy these moments of business. I keep think of late how in the next several years, my kids will be wanting to spend all their time alone, up in their rooms with their thoughts. And I'll miss them! I should enjoy all this time they ask (need) me to devote to them.

We're doing some more work on our remodel this weekend, but I'll be gone to a church conference for a while tomorrow. And hubs and I are having a date tomorrow night. I want to fit some WIP progress in, too...

Sharla said...

T.Anne, I LOVE fishing. Nothing like being out on a boat early early morning when the river is still like glass, hearing the fish jump. oooooh, I just love that. Hubby and I enjoy going together, and the river is only 5 min away so it's easy.

Janna, FUN on the date! That's awesome. And you're right, teenagers want very little to do with you unless it involves money or some benefit to them. Otherwise, you're completely uncool.

Melissa Marsh said...

I love your attitude! That's right - you have all those wonderful things to do and a family to care for and that is a HUGE blessing.

My plans are to write, take my daughter to the movies, and write some more!