ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Madness

Whew. I feel like I need to take a deep breath and actually let it out instead of holding it. Seems like I've done too much of that!!

My ornament painting for Babes in Toyland is over....thank you God. Not that I don't enjoy it or the income that comes from it. But it's invasive and all-encompassing and I do nothing but that for a month and a half every year, and I'm always grateful when it's done.

I haven't been writing, and that bothers me tremendously. I've played with ideas in my head, but that's as close as I've gotten. I've continued to query my first book, but that's the business end of this world, and I'm really missing the craft side.

Christmas chaos is now descending and we'll all lose our minds and our money for a little while, but I'm hoping to get my brain wrapped around my second book again. Either that, or start over with something else, because I need it....I need the creation process. Know what I mean?

(Hi this is Sharla's daughter! Lol!)

Okay, Crazy Girl had to chime in there.

Anyway, what are your plans for the holidays. Writing plans, that is. Are you beginning, ending, querying, editing.... doing nothing? What is your pen doing for the holidays?

4 comments:

Linda said...

I am working furiously on my memoir to meet the personal goal that I set for the end of the year. I think that this coming weekend, with hubby out of town, might be just what I need to meet my goal.

Janna Qualman said...

*waves to Crazy Girl* Cute!

I'm almost to the end, I think, with my rough draft. Whew! And keeping up with life's breakneck pace.

You astonish me, Sharla! I should try to accomplish as much as you do.

Susan R. Mills said...

I'm rewriting. In fact, I'm rewriting so much, I feel like it's a brand new novel. It's kind of fun.

dirtywhitecandy said...

I'm enjoying getting back to a WIP I have in first draft.

I started editing it a month ago but couldn't get into it. Plus lots of other non-fiction projects got in the way, which had to take priority.

Then I picked up my novel again the other day - and rediscovered how very rewarding it is to spend a day storytelling.