ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas and filling in the gaps

Merry Christmas Eve!

What are you doing today?? Baking? Wrapping? Still shopping? (eeek!)

I've been working on my ms for the last few days amidst all the holiday preparations. Reading through it from beginning to....well, to where it drops off at the grand canyon in a giant hole of what-the-heck-happens-now.

You know the place.

I know basically what's supposed to happen, but since I swore when I started this one that I wouldn't just randomly write, that I would construct it like tinker toys with plot lines and subplots and make them all connect.... since I did that, it fell flat a couple of months ago. Because I reached a point where I needed to connect some things and I realized I didn't have the answers to what had become questions. And it sent me off in a tailspin of denial. Well, so I started reading it again, and falling in love with it all over again and loving THAT, and praying that there would be some sort of epiphany when I reached that cliff.

There wasn't. I was just really frustrated because I wanted to keep reading!!! So today I've done what I should have done months ago. I made a list. A list of everything that's been plaguing me and making me crazy with this. A list of every question...every unknown...with every character, no matter how minor. And now I'm going down one by one and thinking out the answers individually. I think it was stressing me out to try to think about why such and such would happen to A because then I'd realize how that would domino out to B, C, and D. Now I'm addressing each one like they are in their own little room with a door and they have my undivided attention.

Is that a little schizo?

Maybe. But hey, writing is a pretty schizoid world, with all these characters talking to us all the time. And hopefully, I can get these answers figured out, and get back to the business of creating new material. Because I love this story and I can't wait to get to the good stuff. :))

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow! Happy birthday to the big guy!!

Sharla

No comments: