ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What books are you reading??

After sitting in a state of "on strike rebellion" for a couple of months now, my new wip is finally started taunting me again. I almost hate to say that out loud, for fear it will throw me the hand and stomp away. But the characters ARE peeking out again, talking to me. Maybe not telling each other they're talking to me, because you know how rumors get started and all, but they are whispering in my ear as I go about my daily life.

Enough that I pulled out my notebook and set it by the bed. And pulled up the file on my laptop. Just in case. Just in case the biggest bout of writers block ever decides to lift its ugly veil.

In the meantime, I'm reading. And since I haven't been actively writing anything, I'm reading guilt free! I'm reading fun, comedic books that make me laugh, I don't want anything dramatic and sinister right now. Are you reading? Tell me what.....

5 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Ooh, the stuff I've got going right now isn't light and drama-free. I'm in the middle of The Bondwoman's Narrative, written by a slavewoman in the 1850s. And up next (I'm thinkin') is The Shack, the one about the man who goes to live a recluse in the woods.

I suppose I could use some carefree reading, too. ;)

ORION said...

I'm reading tragic depressing stuff...seems like everything of note or award winning is tragic and depressing...

Romi said...

Hoping you punch out the writer's block ASAP!

In the meantime I am reading Jane Eyre yet again...try to re-read it every once in a while ;-)

(before that I addictively read "The Lost Symbol"..ya, I like to mix it up! ;-) )

colbymarshall said...

I just read Columbine by David Cullen. At the risk of sounding like a TIMES reporter, I have to say...spellbinding. I couldn't put it down.

Sharla said...

Colby, I lived 20 minutes from Columbine when it happened, and knew some of the parents. That was an unimaginable, horrific time. I've thought about reading that book, and don't know if I want to. Hmmm....