ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Monday, January 18, 2010

What do you read?

Crickets are chirping in here!!!

So I'm keeping it short tonight...gotta get back to the business of listening to my muse. If you want to see what I'm writing, go to the below post to see a snippet!

A question for all my writerly friends...when you aren't writing, what do you read? Do you tend to read the same type of books that you write? Are you researching technique as you go? Or do you break completely out and read opposite of your own style?

((((.....tell me......))))

6 comments:

Rebecca L Sutton said...

I read only YA these days. Partially because it's what I write but also because its what I love to read. I read other genres once in awhile and the occassional writing book. Sadly, when I'm deep in the writing process I find that I can't read much. But watch out when I'm revision mode. I read about three books a week then!

Janna Qualman said...

I don't stray from women's fiction much. But there's something to be learned from all of it, and I'm open to other stuff.

Sharla said...

I can't read when I'm heavily writing either. Only when I'm in a slump or revising.

I used to love thrillers and horror, but I've found that now I'm either drawn to romantic comedy or something really off the wall like Hunger Games. It has to be different to pull me that way.

Melissa Marsh said...

Honestly, it depends what I'm in the mood for. Whether that matches up with what I'm writing or not, it doesn't matter. Sometimes I will look for books set in the same time period as what I'm working on to help me get my head in that era.

CLOVIS CREW said...

Your blog sucks

CLOVIS CREW said...

bllaaaggg who cares