ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Randomness and life unconnected...

Ohhhhhh....how busy and crazy and just generally chaotic life has been lately!!!!!  But I know I'm preaching to the choir.  Everyone is busy.  That doesn't make me unique.

I do get envious of those of you who can write full time... I so pine for the day when Super-Awesome-Agent finds me wandering aimlessly in Submission-Land, and falls madly in love with my work and is able to sell it to Super-Awesome-Publisher who also falls madly in love with my work and offers me that 7 figure book deal, of course asking for 4 more.  So I can be a stay-at-home-writer and do this full time and quit having to come to this pesky "job" that keeps getting in my way!

(Just kidding, job-gods, really really!  Need that paycheck!)

Well, the current wip is a little over 50K, not sure how much over because I haven't typed more in yet...it's still in my handy dandy notebook.  And while I'm still stressing about time, I've kind of fallen into acceptance that it probably won't be as complete as I want it to be, but it will be close.  Uggghhhh...

But that's just going to have to be okay, because there's only so much me to spread around.  This will likely be my last post till next week, because I'm leaving tomorrow night for a four day retreat, leaving my poor family to fend for themselves (translation:  no cooking, cleaning, laundry, or homework will be done.)  I'm sure I'll come back to chaos, but hopefully there won't be any where I am.  Unfortunately there won't be any writing done either...unless I can sneak in the bathroom and knock out a few lines... but I don't even get to bring my cell phone or a watch. 

Can you say "separation anxiety"?

Life without my phone.  Kinda gives me a twitch, thinking about it.  It will be like when I was growing up and the only phones were attached to a wire on the wall.   Hmm.  Ancient times.
(this phone was in my house, was it in yours?)

Anyway, I'll be reading your blogs today and tomorrow, and be back with you all next week!

10 comments:

arlee bird said...

Oh yes, I remember those old phones-- and TVs where you had to get up and turn the channel between choices; and when there was not only daily milk delivery to your door, but also a bakery truck and dry cleaning service.
Some younger people probably wouldn't believe that!

A retreat away from all my modern conveniences? Hmmmm -I don't know. I'll have to think on that one.
Lee

Linda said...

We had a phone like that! Recently we were in a small-town cafe and the phone (which was hanging on a wall...and had a cord attached) rang in that old fashioned tinkle that I remember from my childhood. It was a trip down memory lane!

Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

The day I can finally quit my day job and allow writing to be my "real" job I will be on cloud nine!

Trust me once anyone lays eyes on "Seeing Alex" They are going to fall head over heels in love with your work, just like I did. Trust me, I know things.

We had those phones overseas, but by the time my family moved back to the states they had been replaced.

The Unbreakable Child said...

Heh, I have one of those still hanging on the wall--it weighs a ton. Hope your retreat is awesome!!

Journaling Woman said...

Yes I can relate.

I too want to write full time so if you should find two special agents pass one this way.

Oh and you can write anywhere- except when you are driving. :) Pretend you are taking notes (is it a conference?) and write a story. Hmm have I ever done that?

Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat make money[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood methods to produce an income online.

OfficeGirl said...

Hey Sharla! Gave you an award! Go check it out!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Thanks so much for the follow! Love having new blogger buddies! :)

OfficeGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wsxwhx727 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................