ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm back...and I'm ready to go!

Okay my favorite peeps!!  I know...I've been seriously, ashamedly, inexcusedly AWOL the past few weeks.  (Was that enough adverbs?)

All I can say, is life got crazy!  Not that it isn't usually....but I'm talking CRAZY. 

Actually, I just got seriously refocused.  Went to a faith retreat, and got all my wiring reconnected back to God where it should be.  And after that, everything else that used to be do-or-die just kind of ...didn't die if I didn't do it.  LOL!

Then I had to snap my brain back into writing mode and hit a major crunch, and I'm happy to say that I now have my agent pitch and synopsis done (as of an hour ago) for the DFW Writers Conference I'm going to this weekend!   It actually starts on Saturday, but for me it all starts tomorrow because I have to drive the six hours there, manage to find the hotel (thank you, Tom Tom), manage to find the convention center in spite of road closings and detours (hoping Tom Tom is that smart), and somehow take a breath and rest and not spend the evening reciting my pitch in my head.  Unless, of course, I run into some other writers there looking just as wild-eyed and crazy as me.  Then we may have to comiserate together!

On what I hope is a bright side, my pitch appointment with the agent is the 2nd one after the thing starts.  Number two.  I'm not sure this is a good thing, but I have to think at least she's fresh and not worn out from hearing the same story 555 times and having to go to the bathroom.  That's good, right?  She'll still be optimistic?

Love and miss you all.... and maybe while I'm doing that "resting" thing in my hotel room tomorrow night, I will get to come visit your blogs and reacquaint myself with what's going on!

4 comments:

ChristaCarol said...

Looking forward to seeing you there! Relax, you'll do great! We can practice on each other early in the morning. Mine is early, too, so I won't be in any workshops until after 10:40ish.

Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

Good Luck and breath. You have talent and an agent is trained to spot it. Cheers!

Casse

Janna Qualman said...

Shame on you! ;)

No actually, quite the opposite. I could sense something different by your fb posts, and I love that. *hugs*

Have a great weekend!

Melissa Marsh said...

Enjoy your conference! The faith retreat sounds amazing. I'd love to go to one of those!