ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Monday, May 24, 2010

What's your heaven?


When I was little, when I'd see clouds like this, the light cracking through, I thought it was heaven.  I really did!  That was the picture in every bible story....remember the big blue Bible Stories book that was in every doctor's office?  That was what heaven looked like.  So of course that's what I thought I was looking at every time it got cloudy like that.

So here's a rhetorical question for you....What do you think happens when you die?

And that doesn't have to be a religious answer, that can be any kind of answer.   Do you believe in an afterlife?  Do you believe in a heaven?

And if so, what kind do you see? 

Or does it look all "heavenish" with angels and harps and wings and white clothing?

Or maybe it looks like this? 

I kind of like the idea that's depicted in "The Lovely Bones" where everyone's heaven is personalized and it's among us, just on a different level of existence.   And we overlap into each other's.  I always thought that was cool.

And what about ghosts and spirits that reside alongside us?  Are they in their heaven or are they in limbo?  What's your thoughts on that?




5 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Yep, I was going to mention TLB, too. I think Heaven is what we want and need it to be. It's open to personal interpretation, including but also a little beyond what the Scriptures say.

Janna Qualman said...

^ I've had reason to think of this a lot lately, and I'm feeling firm about it. No question in my mind these days.

Billy Coffey said...

When I was a kid, I'd get up every Saturday morning and eat Frankenberry while watching Bugs Bunny. Then I'd play out in the backyard until it was time to ride to the dump with my father. I loved those trips.

I believe in heaven, and I'm sure it's far beyond anything I could ever hope or dream. But I like to think it's kind of like those Saturday mornings when I was a kid.

colbymarshall said...

I believe in heaven as well as ghosts (I don't think you can have all that energy and not have it go somewhere!). I think my heaven would be a place that was the right temperature all the time with the atmosphere of Italy (and the food of Italy, too!).

Nishant said...

I like to think it's kind of like those Saturday mornings when I was a kid.
Banner Advertising Network India