ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Monday, July 12, 2010

Remembering the "little" things

Cancer has a way of making you re-evaluate things...

Of looking at your life differently.  Finding the value in the tiniest things.  Remembering the small pleasures.  I found myself remembering a game I used to do when I was a kid.  My brothers were much older than me, so if my friends weren't available, I was on my own for playtime.  So I had to use my imagination much of the time to entertain myself.  Stories were created....acted out....

But I also had a fantasy game I'd play, usually sitting in the grass or a ditch or a tree.  I'd find some hole or crevice or intricate area of some sort, and imagine being down in that world, of people living where blades of grass were huge, and a stick was a bridge, a hole was a cave.  Think "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" and you can imagine my joy when that movie came out!  Granted, I was an adult by then, but I secretly loved it anyway.  That was my fantasy game!

Did you have something like that?  What was yours?

4 comments:

Kat said...

I used to dream I had a complete family, I am an only child and was raised in foster homes. I had an imaginary family that I could give you full details about, names, hair color, habits, likes, dislikes....looking back I guess that was kinda weird...o'well it worked for me at the time.

http://kat-kathleenjackson.blogspot.com

Melissa Marsh said...

I used to lay on my back and look up at the ceiling and pretend that it was the floor and I could just imagine myself walking on it. I know there were lots of other games I used to play - when I didn't join my two brothers in their rough and tumble world, I retreated to my own fantasy world pretty often.

Sharla said...

Melissa, I used to do that too!! Totally forgot about that.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Sharla - oh dear - oh no - how did I miss this? how did I miss you have cancer - *HUG HUG HUG* --

Is there anything I can do? I am just taken aback because I didn't know.....