ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Favorite romantic character...

In the spirit of up-and-coming Valentine's Day (because I'm an old married woman and we don't celebrate it any more and I need the excitement), I want to pose a question...



Who is your favorite romantic hero/heroine?  This can be books, movies, or TV.  Who rocks it for you, and why?  Is it the dialogue written for that character?  The story around him/her?  Or face it, just the raw chemistry of the person?

Spill!

Oh, and mine?  Oh you're gonna laugh, but I love Ranger from the Stephanie Plum books.  Hot, quiet, and mysterious.  (Insert pic from your brain.  I'm thinking The Rock or Vin Diesel, myself.)

And movies?  Gerard Butler in ANYTHING HE PLAYS IN. 

On TV, Alex O'Loughlin.  Right now he's on Hawaii Five-O and hot isn't strong enough a word. 

But on the other hand, Nathan Fillion of Castle is soooooo adorable and you just have to love him...and he's a writer.  And what's more cute is that he is on Twitter and his tweets sound just like Castle, so you know he's pretty much being himself on the show. 

And I wanted to put pics for your viewing pleasure but blogger is being ornery right now.  It's not feeling the love...that's it.

Okay, NOW spill.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think I have a list a mile long, but I'll pick one. A little non-traditional, but I think Seth Mortensen from the Richelle Mead Succubus series is SO romantic! I lurve him! :)

Melissa Marsh said...

Oh boy. Um...where to start? Nicolas from Jude Deveraux's book, A KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR. Swoon!!! Also, Nicolas (I adore that name!) from Rosalind Laker's book, A TREE OF GOLD. (I have read both books too many times to count).

Let' see...movies...Dana Andrews from the classic movie, LAURA. And of course, Daniel Craig!!!

Dawn Alexander said...

Wow. Great topic. I am DEFINITELY a Ranger fan...even have the "I heart Ranger" sticker.

I am also a HUGE Roarke fan ( In Death series, JD ROBB)

Love Castle. And Gerard Butler (he is so yummy!)

My favorite romantic scene in any movie is in Hope Floats when they are at the dance and Harry Connick Jr. leans around the pole in a pressed white shirt and jeans. Oh, be still my heart. He isn't normally hot in my opinion, but that scene just works for me!

Janna Qualman said...

Awesome question. So glad I stopped by! ;)

Ryan Gosling as Noah in The Notebook. That passion melts me.

Rick Castle, yes. Charming, sweet, thoughtful, and wordy. *swoon*

Will Smith's humor and unself-consciousness.