ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So whatcha doing?

Curious...I am. 

On what everyone is doing out there right now.  We all have such different directions and compasses to follow, yet our GPS's are very likely similar.

1.  Getting ready for the DFW Writers Conference this weekend...got some new duds...some new shoes for the psycho shoe cam that will be stalking us... 

2.  Balancing out the stress of the six hour drive to Fort Worth, with the non-stress of not having to do a pitch session at the conference.  (queue yoga position)  I'm quite happy about that.  Very excited about the huge congregation of writers all in one place....fed off that energy last year and can't wait to do it again.

3.  Writing my new wip.   

4.  Thinking about my manuscript out on submission... and trying not to think about my manuscript out on submission.  Trying to focus on the new wip instead.  Brain keeps straying.  I keep yanking it back.

5.  Back to writing my new wip.  It's cool.  It's shiny.  Loving it.

6.  Learning about some of the different publishing houses out there, and how it works.  Very new to this side of the fence, and still learning the language.  Scary...exciting...awesome!  Have to say, I like it over here...foreign language and all.

7.  Going to work and thinking about my manuscr---nope, I'm not.  I'm at work thinking about wishing I wasn't at work and writing my new wip instead.  Yep.

8.  Wondering what my husband is going to eat while I'm at DFWCon this weekend and my daughter is at an out of town debate tournament.  Probably potato chips.  I'm not sure he knows the pizza number.

So what are you doing?

6 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

Sounds like you have a full plate!

I am working on the novel, getting ready to write up an article about an interview I had with a gal who worked for the FBI in D.C. during WW2, and planning a research trip for my new nonfiction book. GAH! I need a vacation!

Natalia Sylvester said...

You're going to be at DFW?! I wish I could be there! I was so close to going this year, but ultimately it came down to DFW or SXSW here in Austin. Let us know how it goes!

As for me, I'm busy working on the revisions for my book before it goes out on submission. I'm sure once it does go out on submission, I'll be busy trying not to think about that, too :)

Good luck!

Sharla Scroggs said...

Melissa, you have quite the helping, yourself!! But that research trip could be sort of a vacation, couldn't it? That's so cool, what you write about. A writer in my RWAWF group, Kristina McMorris has a novel releasing this month LETTERS FROM HOME about the war, it looks really good, you might enjoy that.

Natalia, wish you were going! And congrats on getting your agent too! I visited your blog, and you signed a day before I did! LOL.

Amanda said...

I'm waiting for edits, which according to my editor should be here any day. :) In the meantime, I'm going over critiques and revising book 2 in my series.

Melissa Marsh said...

Ooh! I didn't know you knew Kristina! She is my friend on Facebook and she's also on a WW2 email loop that I belong to. I can't WAIT to read her book!

Pranavam Ravikumar a.k.a. Kochuravi said...

I am here for the first time. So thought of penning a line or too. Enjoyed reading...! My wishes