ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Friday, March 18, 2011

Book shout out: The Other Life

I have to give a shout out to a fellow women's fiction writer today... I know I normally do this on Wednesdays, but this is more about her book...her story...so it's okay.  :)

I started The Other Life by Ellen Meister yesterday...and if you've ever played the "what if" game with yourself, then it would be worth your while to check this one out.


You know the questions you ask yourself.
  ....what if I'd done something different
  ....what if I'd married someone else
  ....what if I'd went to college

                                                        What if I'd chosen another life?

Ellen's taken that and woven it into an amazing story of a woman's internal struggle with the ability to actually cross back and forth between her choices.  Her tagline is "What if you could return to the road not taken?"   That line alone sold me.  I couldn't wait for it to come out, and it did last month, and I'm now all up in it!  

What are your thoughts on this idea? 

10 comments:

Samantha Sotto-Yambao said...

I haven't read this book, but the premise sounds a lot like Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch (which I loved!). I'm definitely picking up a copy :D

Ellen said...

Thanks so much, Sharla!!!

Janie Emaus said...

Hi Sharla,
I play this game ALL the time. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

linda said...

Sounds interesting... I'll have to check it out.
Linda A.

Patricia said...

I have to get a copy of this book as well because I love the "what if" theme. Cool.
Patti

Patricia said...

Can't wait to get this book!
Patti

Kathryn Magendie said...

I do this sometimes and make myself stop - and have often thought of writing something that weaves in and of the choices a woman makes, but never have. I'll have to check this out.

Linda Hoye said...

This sounds like one I have to get too. Thanks for the tip!

Joanne said...

What a great premise to explore on the page, that's a story that can go in so many directions. Sounds like a fun read!

Deb Shucka said...

Hi Sharla,

I'm here from Linda's link. This book sounds amazing, and I've enjoyed reading several of your previous posts. I'll be back for more.