ROMANTIC WOMEN'S FICTION . . . WITH A PARANORMAL TWIST . . .

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday Southern Comfort...share your guilty pleasure!

Got a great idea for a Saturday over at Roni Loren's blog today.  Saturdays are frequently about slowing down from the chaos of the week.  Catching up on things not done around the house.  And sometimes allowing a little guilty pleasure. 

So that's what Saturdays will be about in here.  Since I'm in the South, it's all about southern comfort.  What brings us to our happy place.  Comfort food, that favorite quilt, a pair of sweats you just can't live without.  Our indulgences, our shameless weaknesses, our guilty pleasures, what fun or lazy or crazy lame comforts rock our worlds!

Since Roni started hers out with TV shows, I'll go there as well.  We are a maniacal TV family.  DVR was invented for people like us.  And on my Monday night "must-see-TV" is...

The Bachelorette / Bachelor





Yeah...I know.  It's about as lame as it gets.  And sometimes cringe worthy.  And seriously, right now you could make a drinking game out of how many times Ashley says "Bentley" in one episode.  Although I'm thinking of eating brownies instead.  I could really get my chocolate fix that way...but that's a guilty pleasure for another Saturday!  LOL.  I love curling up on Tuesday (because we DVR it) and watching Monday night TV romance play out with multiple men acting like fools to win the heart of one woman while cameras are rolling.  It's a sickness... :)

And by the way, if anyone is interested in guest blogging a Saturday Southern Comfort post, let me know!  The more the merrier.

So what is your reality TV indulgence?? 

3 comments:

Roni Loren said...

Thanks for linking to me! Glad you liked the idea. :) I'm a Bachelorette fan too. Though this season is wearing on my nerves. And I agree with you on the Bentley thing. Ugh. But yet, I keep watching.

Janie Emaus said...

For some reason this year I started watching this show. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone.

Patricia said...

Several weeks ago my husband started watching the Bachelorette as I looked over at him wondering - what the heck? But I got hooked as I kept glancing up from my computer again and again. Then, the next week we watched it together and now I'm awaiting the next episode! But I, too, am getting very tired of hearing about that creep Bentley! AACK!
Patti